Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Envy Of Peggy Perfect

This has been on my mind all day ... have you ever been at a place in your life where you questioned your very existence, or questioned why you were at the place you were at, going through what you were going through, having to deal with issues bombarding your mind to the point you couldn't think of anything else except that "issue"!   I have been there a few times in my life, okay MANY times in my life ... even in the recent past.  But I learned a HUGE lesson this last year and my way of thinking started changing.  There are days when you wonder why "Peggy Perfect" is just that - PERFECT!  The perfect weight, the perfect clothes, the perfect conversation, the perfect hair, the perfect pair of shoes (that you almost bought, but couldn't spare the money at the time) UGH!  When you see "Peggy", "Peggy" is actually starting to get on your nerves because she's SO stinkin' perfect!   And then you stop.  ... and realize that Envy has crept in and it's full blown!  Hmmm ... it can happen so easy ... allowing your mind to wonder why isn't "Piggy, I mean Peggy Perfect" having weight issues, why isn't Peggy looking frumpy in her clothes, why isn't Peggy's hair needing a new look, why isn't Peggy ... why, why, why ...  but I learned that I am where I am at this point in my life for a reason ... We all are at the place we are in life for a reason ... Peggy Perfect is probably NOT perfect, just appears that way ... for all I know Peggy could have a horrible husband who abuses her and then instead of saying "sorry" gives her money to buy those perfect clothes and perfect shoes!  Peggy is probably at the pefect weight because food makes her sick because she's so unhappy.  Peggy is probably just as messed up on the inside as the way I'm feeling but just a different reason got her to that same point as me.  It's easy to look at the other person and wish to be them or ask "why me" ... but once you realize that it's all part of a plan ... a plan to make you better, a plan to help you grow, a plan to get you from point A to point B ... your outlook will start to change.   Mine did.  I've been at the point of not even wanting to leave my home, not seeing anyone, only getting out if necessary ... I've been there ... it's actually a very lonely place to be.  Now, I look back and see that where I was then, got me to where I am today ... it taught me valuable lessons that I otherwise would not have slowed down long enough to learn.  I'm thankful for those times (I wasn't very thankful at the time) but I see a bigger picture now.  So if you're at that point in your life, where you're questioning every little thing going wrong, and wondering "why me" ... just know that it's all part of a plan ... It's very hard to do, but the thing TO do, is stop complaining, stop comparing, and just accept the fact that it's all going to be okay because it's a part of YOUR plan that God has for YOU.  Who knows who'll be placed in your life in the future that you will be able to help.

I see so many opportunities now to help others ... truly help others ... to empathize with others that are going through things I've been through during my lifetime ... and if I had not been through some of those dark times, I would never, ever be able to REALLY sympathize with that hurting person who feels all alone ... but because I've been there, I can cry REAL tears and truly understand. 

Yes ... it's difficult to face the valleys, the dark, lonely times ... but know that you are being trained to be His hands, and His feet, and His ears, and His hugs ... a REAL, Tangible God to someone who might not even believe.

Yep, long heavy heart post ... and not even sure why I'm typing all this ... hopefully it helps someone.

Happy Day ... Tammy

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post Tammy! I've been in the exact place where you speak of and it stinks! I know it's a trick of the enemy to have us somehow slip into that place and feel worthless, but somehow I still fall victim...I think we all do at times. I've had a few of those days recently. It's hard sometimes to remember who determines our worth. Just in case you need to hear it, you are great and you are most likely someone else's "Peggy Perfect". Thank you for sharing your heart. Blessings, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with your post....and with Anna'a comment. So important to remember the difficulties we face often are our loving God's way of preparing us to minister to others. Love both of you sweet ladies.....your blogs are always "must reads". Thanks for being encouragers.

    ReplyDelete