Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Home Made Insanity Bars...AKA - Sin!

Found this ... HAD to try ... not sure what it's called ... but "Home Made Insanity or SIN" comes to mind!   And I'm probably insane for making it!  

However ... it's a MUST try!   Oh MY GoodNESS!!!!

I found several variations on line ... but I decided to do my own thing:

First I made a "from scratch" chocolate chip cookie dough.  Pressed it into a greased Pyrex (9x13).

(I did this before I thought about taking pics to share this recipe.)

Then ... I used an entire package of DOUBLE STUFFED Oreos!   Yep! ... layered them on top of the cookie dough.


Then I used Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix - mix according to box and pour on top of Oreos - spread evenly and let it ooze down in between the Oreos!   AAAHHHHH!!!!!!




Then I baked (in a preheated) 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.   It's going to look a little undone in the middle and maybe a little too done on the edges - but that's okay.  I kept mine in the dish overnight and cut into bars this morning!  


AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!   I'm telling you it's INSANE!

Insanity Bars ... You should try!

Oh Yeah, It's Going To Be A HAPPY DAY!
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this... especially for Allen. He'll love it!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder how long it will be before you can reach inside your computer and take a little taste see? I would be afraid to bake this for myself because I might eat the whole thing. Looks good...very good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete